Component distribution

Discuss and ask questions about CADViewX (Lite and Pro versions).

Moderators: SDS, support, admin

duw

Component distribution

Post by duw » 08 May 2007, 19:54

We use the CadViewX, here in my company, internally in an application that - between other things - show images. We do sell the software and we want to use the component, but without need to register it at any machine that the component is installed. Witch kind of licensing we need? It need to be transparent to the final user. IÒ‘ve tried to register the OCX alone into MS Windows using regsrv32, but it does a error message, witch does not occur when i run the setup.exe that you supplied.

I need some information.

Thanks,
Eduardo

support

Post by support » 10 May 2007, 10:18

Hello Eduardo,

Here goes manual of to use CADViewX library on the computer where it was not installed before:
<ul><li>Copy CADViewLib.ocx and CADViewLib.tlb to the same folder (for example: C:\Program Files\CADViewX\CADViewLib\..).</li>
<li>Register ActiveX Server in the system using command line: regsvr32.exe /s "c:\Program Files\CADViewX\CADViewLib\CADViewLib.ocx" (regsvr32.exe can be found in the ..\WINDOWS\system32\.. folder).</li>
<li>Run your application.</li></ul>
Sergey.

Please post questions to the forum or write to support@cadsofttools.com

duw

Post by duw » 14 May 2007, 18:11

it actually works, but when i do open an screen that uses the component, it shows me the screen to enter the registration code, or to use the trial version.

Is that exactly what i dont want to have. I need to distribute the program to the customers of my company, and it has to be completely hidden to the final user.

I did buy one licence for developing, doenst it contains rights to distribute and use the component INSIDE the applications that i develop with it?

Thanks,
Eduardo

SDS

Post by SDS » 15 May 2007, 09:31

Eduardo,

Thanks for the questions.

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">it actually works, but when i do open an screen that uses the component, it shows me the screen to enter the registration code, or to use the trial version.<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

CADViewX has got a way to register it programmatically from base application. End-users will not need to enter registration keys.

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">We do sell the software and we want to use the component, but without need to register it at any machine that the component is installed. Witch kind of licensing we need? It need to be transparent to the final user. <hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">
You need royalty free license. Please write request about this type of license to info@cadsofttools.com.

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">I did buy one licence for developing, doenst it contains rights to distribute and use the component INSIDE the applications that i develop with it?<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

No. One CADViewX license can be used for development but it can be only by single user. If you have 10 users you need to buy 10 licenses. If you have unlimited number of end-users please write us request on Royalty free license.

We check each company before selling Royalty Free license because we need to protect from possible competitors.

Thank you.
Kind regards,
Dmitry